Thursday, October 23, 2008

Catching up




Hi everyone!

It's been a few days and wanted to catch you up. I've been busy meeting the cast of the show and scouting lots of beautiful areas of Zanzibar. In the pics you'll see MONKEYS (!!!!!) from the Jozani Preserve which was amazing. There's a shot of one of our explorers "exploring" in the preserve as well. Also, we visited some amazing ruins at Mbweni. This country is really beautiful and although I am working like crazy and extremely tired, it's pretty great to soak this all up while reminding myself that I am actually getting paid to be in Africa.

Shooting intensifies tomorrow as our trek begins. We'll be traveling back to Bagamoyo (mainland) on Saturday and starting our trip across the country (970 miles). Internet will be patchy but I will try to give updates every now and then. Sorry this is a bit of a bland blog, but the schedule is insane and I have been working from pre-sunrise to post-sunset every day, making me a little foggy. This weekend the night shifts begin and they will be another adventure. I'm hoping to swing into a routine once the trek is underway. 

I hope you guys are all great. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (late) CAEL!!! I miss you all so much!! 

Love you lots,
Ali

2 comments:

leah said...

This is wild stuff!!! Thanks so much for keeping this blog, it's really neat to be able to follow your trip! The other night in bed Cael asked me- "is there light there where aunt ali be?" And, "can God still see her like he sees me?" : ) I think when I was explaining how far you are and what your doing his imagination was stretched. : ) I will show him the mokey pictures so he knows your ok, and I'm sure he'll be jealous. We love you and we miss you! Be careful and take care of yourself!
love~leah

Deborah K. Hammond said...

This feels like a living room where we can all sit around on the floor and catch up with you Ali. Thanks for checking in....great pictures and so good to hear your voice here...even the mundane to you is not boring on this end. Love you, aunt deb