Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm here!




Hey everyone! So after a loooooong trip, I finally made it to Bagamoyo, Tanzania last night. The 3-layover marathon of flights claimed one of my 2 checked bags as a victim. Fortunately, it had the lesser of important stuff in it... but hey, underwear isn't NOT important. 

I found it hard to sleep on the 13-hour flight from NYC to Dubai. Not because I wasn't exhausted, but because they provide 64 movies to watch at your convenience!!! So I took the opportunity to watch 6 or 7 of those that I can count on Alex never wanting to see (ie 27 Dresses, Made of Honor). 

 It was a 2-hour bumpy ride to Bagamoya from the Dar es Salaam airport. I showed up, checked into my hotel room, flicked a termite off my toilet and enjoyed a cold shower. Then met up with the other producers for dinner and got a little more insight into this shoot. It's gonna be a ride, that's for sure.  Can't go into details (especially online) about the shoot, but we had a 5-hour meeting today figuring out logistics and such and this is definitely a BIG project for not a huge crew. Kinda scary, but mostly exciting.

We fly out to the island of Zanzibar early tomorrow morning for the week. The cast of the show will arrive on Wednesday and we will start camping on Saturday. 

Sorry I can't write more... I gotta run because they are closing up the office. I'll catch up in a day or 2! Wanted to let you all know that I'm safe! 

Love you guys tons!
Ali

PIC #1: Bagamoyo Beach
PIC #2: The slave quarters
PIC #3: What a room.

No comments: